FUD stands for “Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt”. Briefly, it is a strategy to influence the market by spreading negativity on a particular cryptocurrency. It is a way of using false information to denounce cryptocurrencies. It can also lead to a drop in the value of cryptocurrencies. FUD is also used to describe crypto skepticism.
Let’s look at some of the examples of crypto FUD:
- Cryptocurrencies are used in criminal activities.
- It is subjected to security breaches.
- Lack of inherent value.
- Bitcoin is the biggest Ponzi scheme of all time.
- Bitcoin mining is harmful to the environment.
- Government would probably ban crypto.